Sunday, November 16, 2008

X-Men: Legacy #217 - Marvel


I'm enjoying this Original Sin story-line, but . . as we get further into the story . . I'm starting to wonder who committed the Original Sin. Since we have no Adam & Eve, or Cain & Abel, in this story, I'm assuming that we're talking about Charles. But, with all this emphasis on Logan, and Romulus' involvement with Logan's beginnings in the X-Men . . . I'm wondering if we're actually talking about one of those two? Anyways, with this chapter of the story, Logan has got Charles shuffling through his memories. They're events that Logan remembers, but he thinks they'll be significant to Charles so he's making him plow his way through them . . the cliff-note version, as it were. Meanwhile, Sebastian and Claudine, Miss Sinister, have Daken and are attempting to sway him over to their side. Miss Sinister is attempting to do a little mental manipulation, but she's found that Romulus has actually placed some traps there, for whomever may attempt to sway this young man. So now she's just going to resort to the old-fashioned way . . . flirting, seduction, and good old-fashioned sexual manipulation. Is it just me, or is anyone else the least bit disturbed that Miss Sinister is actually Mr Sinister, Nathaniel Essex, in a new cloned body? I mean, the male/female thing isn't my point, but . . I'm talking about how easily he/she slips into the feminine role and way of thinking. Especially considering that she was a he for . . I don't know . . probably 100 years or so. Also, Sebastian has set up a trap for Logan, because naturally he's going to assume that if the Hellfire Club took Daken, that they'll take him back to their mansion in New York. Like I said, I'm really enjoying this story and the way that Mike Carey is handling it . . and all of these characters. I also think that Scot Eaton is doing a tremendous job with the pencils. You could really feel the rage and frustration emanating from Logan through the panels in this book. Truly, a fantastic job. I can't wait to see where we go from here. The next chapter will be in Wolverine Origins . . #29.

No comments:

Post a Comment