Sunday, November 16, 2008

Secret Invasion: the Amazing Spider-man #3 - Marvel


This book was . . ok. True Jackpot got the spotlight in Amazing Spider-man, but . . I just don't understand why they had to waste Spider-man's involvement in the Secret Invasion on this mini-series. This series was clearly more about Jackpot than the ol' web-head. Why couldn't they do an Avengers Initiative mini-series, or one-shot, and feature her story there? That is where she came from after all . . . well, the original Jackpot anyways. There really wasn't much resolved over the course of this series either. Spidey and Jackie . . what? J-pot? . . do seem to have a better working relationship after all of this. And, the original Jackpot, Sara, seems to appreciate her involvement a bit more, but . . other than that . . . not a whole lot happened. Oh, I take that back. The DB did issue an apology, of sorts, for slandering her name. But they buried it in the cross-word puzzle so . . who knows? So anyways, I'd have to say that the writing, by Brian Reed, was only average. And the art, by Marco Santucci, was actually ok. The inks, I thought, were a little heavy in spots, but . . . I thought the panels and the flow were pretty good. I still feel like I wasted money on these 3 books, but . . . what am I gonna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment