Friday, April 04, 2008

Tiny Titans #2 - DC


This is a very silly book. But, that's ok. It is, afterall, made with kids in mind. What I do like about it though, is it kind of reminds me of the old Archie, or Bugs Bunny comics. Not so much with the content, but the way the stories are set up. There's 5 or 6, 2 or 3 page stories in every issue. Remember when the old "fun" comics used to be that way? At my grandmother's house, she had this bedroom that had a closet where she kept all the toys for the kids. Well, on one of the shelves in the closet she had this stack of comic books. I was always drawn to the Superman and Batman books, but she also had a large pile of Richie Rich, Archie, Bugs Bunny, Little Lulu, etc.. I bet I read those books a hundred times. Anyways, my point is, I loved the super-hero stuff because it was like grown-up stuff. I didn't always understand the stories, but I liked to look at them and see the characters. The other books were just fun reads. The Archie stuff seemed like teen-age stuff. But the rest of it was just funny. I liked having the variety to choose from. Sorry! I got a little nostalgic there. My point is that while the kids may like looking at all the cool super-hero stuff, it's probably a bit more difficult for them to get in to the story . . to understand all the themes. But books like this . . they can just have fun with. And if they miss an issue . . so what. While I may be embarrassed that I bought it and read it . . I love it for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment