Friday, April 18, 2008

Teen Titans Go! #53 - DC


My nephew finally got all his copies of this title caught up. I helped him out, when I got him started with this, but, hey, I can't give him the same Christmas Present every year. Right? Anyways, he has a new shop that opened up by him, and he and his father went in and got him all caught up. I think he was only missing like 12 issues or so. Anyways, my point of this is that there's some kids out there that would really enjoy this hobby. You may not think so, or you may still carry the stigma that "comics are for kids", but a lot of them, now a days, have never been exposed to them. I had bought some large lots off of e-bay, and in doing so I had amassed quite a pile of old Archie's and Richie Rich and other stuff. So one day I gathered them up and gave them all to him. He absolutely loved them. His mom, my sister, loved them also because it piqued his interest in reading. He was at that age, 7 or 8, where he really wasn't liking it much. Plus, he had to practice more than most because he had a reading disability. Now he's got a comic box, everything organized, and he can't wait to show me every time we go to visit. Do you remember what that was like? The time when you very first got interested in comics? I do. It was magical. I'm glad I could give my nephew that same feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment