Tuesday, April 22, 2008

the Boys #17 - Dynamite Entertainment


I love this book. But I have to say, after reading this issue, I'm starting to get why they had to switch to an independent title. I'm sorry. Not that they had to switch . . like they were forced to, but they probably felt they had to switch . . in order to do the type of stories that they wanted to. I guess. Anyways, I don't know where Garth and Darick come up with these ideas, but . . I love 'em. The blood on the issue of this cover is literal, but . . . you have to read it to figure out what it means. Let's just say . . it's the first I've ever seen it in a comic book. If your intrigued . . pick it up and take a look. Now that we're up to issue #17, Garth has a whole slew of plot-threads floating around out there. Right now we're working on the one between Hughie and the Blarney Cock. He's been . . resurrected, and Butcher wants Hughie to take him out. Meanwhile, Hughie has a romance budding with Annie. And things go . . to a new place this issue. Also, Mother's Milk has a mystery of his own. It has something to do with his home, and his mother. But really, that's about all we know right now. The Females mystery is still floating around out there also, but we don't really see her this issue. To me, this appears to be a very well thought out book. I don't think there's a whole lot that happens in one of these issues, that isn't directly related to some plot-thread that's going on. Garth and Darick seem very deliberate with everything they say and do. These guys should be very proud of their work here. To say it's incredible . . is an understatement. It's a fantastic book, and if you're not buying it . . you should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment