Sunday, April 27, 2008

Detective Comics #843 - DC


I actually enjoyed this issue. I don't know why, but for some reason the last couple of issue didn't really suit my tastes. I think, actually, that is was a combination of the stories and the art. I can't really pinpoint anything specific. Anyways, all that changed this issue. I really liked the whole story with the Penguin and this new club owner Johnny Sabatino. He's opening a club that's almost the exact opposite of the Iceberg Lounge. However, in the process of opening, he's having some . . property problems. Of course everyone thinks it's the Penguin, but it's actually . . I know, you can tell by the cover . . Scarface. I really like how this character has changed, with his new . . "handler". I think it's a lot more interesting than that last guy. We also get to see Zatanna this issue. Johnny decides he wants a headliner to open his club with. The best part about her involvement is the sparks that fly between her and Bruce, when their sitting in Johnny's club talking. Unfortunately, that's about the same time as when Scarface comes busting in. He wants Johnny, but when he sees Bruce Wayne he can't resist taking him hostage also. They depart in his limo, but on the final page Scarface ends up opening his 'gat on him. I thought Paul Dini did a much better job with this chapter of the story. And Dustin Nguyen is definitely finding his groove with these characters. I may have to rethink my position of this being the weakest of the Bat-titles. At least for this issue. We see how it goes in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment