Friday, April 18, 2008

Ultimate X-Men #92 - Marvel


Ok, this book has gotten a bit more interesting. But really, it's only because Sinister has transformed. He's now Apocalypse. In this version, Apocalypse thinks that he's the first mutant. Therefore, none can stand against him, because they are all descendants of his DNA. That's why Cable, Wolverine, took him in to the future. They knew when Apocalypse was going to pop up, but without the proper training, Xavier and his crew were never going to be able to stand up to him. So now Charles is back, in what looks like the Onslaught armor. Cable is by his side in the Weapon X armor. But even with a year of training, Charles is struggling just to hold his own against Apocalypse. Even the Fantastic Four have joined the fight, but they're having little or no affect on him. But there is one thing that may just stack the cards against him. One thing that, until now, has been kept secret. Jean accepts the full power of the Phoenix. She allows it to take her over. She knows that it's the only way that they stand a chance. But to beat Apocalypse, she may have just unleashed something worse. "I told you that you would beg for me in the end. At long last, now and forever more . . . I AM FREE! Now you face the wrath of PHOENIX!!" I've been really hard on Robert Kirkman for the way he's been writing this series. But right now, it's shaping up to be an interesting story. I'd have to say my biggest complaint is that I'd just like to see things shaken up a bit more. It's the Ultimate Universe. The idea is to take some liberties . . . some artistic license. Put your own spin on things. Robert's done that a bit, but I think he'd be able to do so much more. That being said, however, I did enjoy the book. And as always, Salvador Larroca is a hugely underrated talent. I love his work. And we're almost to issue #100.

No comments:

Post a Comment