Friday, April 18, 2008

Blue Beetle #25 - DC


I hate to admit it . . because I gave this book such a hard time when it first came out . . . but, I'm really getting in to this title. I really don't like the art any better. But, that being said, I've gotten used to it. So, in my eyes, all the credit needs to go to John Rogers for writing some fantastic stories, and the job he's done on really getting us to care about these characters. Gradually, over the last 25 issues, John has shown us bits and pieces into Jamie Reyes' character. We've seen what a unique person he is, and how well he's adapted to this role he's been thrust in to. He's also been introducing us, gradually, to the Scarab . . or Blue Beetle . . who we find out this issues name is Khaji Da. Jamie and he, I presume, have been talking more and more as this series progress'. But, I truly think, after this arc, that they'll be working together better than ever. They'll be true teammates. Basically, this issue, Jamie finishes taking down the Reach. A job he started an issue or 2 ago. I was also pleasantly surprised by the guest-stars this issue. They include, Booster Gold, Fire & Ice . . not together . . Guy Gardner and the Peacemaker. Next issue is an all Spanish issue. (??) And Jamie and Traci go out on their first date. I have to say, I'm really enjoying this book right now. Thanks to all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment