Saturday, April 26, 2008

Nightwing #143 - DC


There's good news and bad news here. Rags Morales does not do the artwork this issue. Which is sad, but . . he does do the cover, along with Michael Bair. There is however a silver lining though because Don Kramer is the interior artist. I always thought Don was . . ok, but I was really impressed by his recent run on Detective. So when I noticed that Rags wasn't on this book, my sadness was quickly relieved by Don's presence. I know. It's the little things that keep me happy. Anyways, I really like the story that Peter J Tomasi is putting together here, but I'll have to admit, I was a little perplexed by the ending. Last issue, Nitewing and Robin came towards Africa in search of an island where Dick believed that Talia was still operating one of her father's bases. It ends up it's not Talia. Apparently someone else found the base and is using it to clone an army of his own design. And by that, I mean that he's been exhuming the bodies of recently deceased heroes and villains, to make use of their no longer needed DNA. It seems that he has a couple different ranks, because there's one bunch that have wings. They kind of look like angels. Anyways, Dick and Tim make their way in to the compound but are overwhelmed by sheer numbers. However, at that same time, this guy, we're really not sure who he is, is destroying the previous generations of clones because their free-will was to strong. Dick uses this image to turn the current generation of "angels" against their master. I guess the guy could've tried to fight his way out of it, or kill Nightwing and Robin, but instead he chooses to flee and destroy his base. It all just seemed kind of anti-climatic to me. Obviously this isn't the last they've seen of this guy. I guess we'll just have to wait and see where he pops up next. I really enjoyed the book. I just didn't like the ending. But that's just me. I still can't wait to see what the next issue holds for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment