Monday, April 14, 2008

Jack of Fables #21 - Vertigo


This issue was a bit . . . strange. But then, that's what we've come to expect from this title. That being said, this issue was a bit . . . strange. Jack's not actually in this issue. This issue is about Wicked John. Whom, I guess, is who Jack replaced somewhere along the line. I forget what the specific reasoning was for all of that. Anyways, Gary decides to put on a play for the residents of the Golden Burroughs. John is in the play, but he's more worried about sleeping with Alice, and attempting another escape, that he does nothing to aid Gary's endeavors. Obviously, this story takes place farther back in our time-line. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me. But then again . . . not much in this book does. My presumption would be that this is a fill-in issue. Although, I don't really know why. As usual Bill Willingham does the scripts, with the aid of Matthew Sturges. Tony Akins is the artist. The thing I like the most about this book is it's absurdity. But even this issue pushed that to it's limits. I really feel, this time, this issue was a complete waste of time and money. Not to mention the paper that it's printed on. Hopefully, we'll get back to the normal amount of absurdity next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment