Sunday, April 27, 2008

Green Lantern Corps #23 - DC


It just seems to me that this book gets better and better every month. I absolutely love it! Peter J Tomasi is doing an incredible job with these characters. And Patrick Gleason . . what can I say about this guy? When I first saw his work . . I thought it was ok. But I wasn't overly thrilled about it. Now? Now I think he's perfect for this book. On the first couple pages when Mongul is strolling through the field where the Mercy's are grown . . Patrick's art is almost perfect. The shading and the coloring are phenomenal. I really just can't say enough about the work he's been turning out. This issue the Guardians have gathered up the best of the best and are sending them on a mission in to the Vega System where they've noticed an amassing of Sinestro rings. They don't know that Mongul has like 10 of them now. It might just be me, but while the Guardians are talking to their Corps, they seem kind of mean. They seem much more emotional than I'm used to seeing them. They seem almost vengeful and vindictive. Maybe I'm just reading to much in to it, but I get the feeling that there's more going on than they're letting on. Anyways, they go in as a team, but they split up into groups. They're gathering up the bearers of the rings one by one, but they haven't come across Mongul yet. Well . . let me take that back. Arisia and Yat found him, but then they lost contact with their team members. So the rest of them don't know the extent of the threat. But on the final issue we seem them both unconscious and at the mercy of . . the Mercy's blissful touch. I think we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg of whatever Mongul's up to. I think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. I thought this was a fantastic issue. I'm really thrilled with this series and the way they're handling all these characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment