Friday, April 18, 2008

Authority Prime #6 - WildStorm


This is another book that I bought, really, because it was an Authority book. I never really got in to StormWatch all that much, so some of the characters in this mini . . I'm not really familiar with. I mean, I only know who Battalion is because of the PHD title. But, even with that deficiency, I still liked this one. Of course, what's not to like about Darick Robertson's art. It's phenomenal. But then, obviously, that's part of the reason I like the Boys so much too. Also, Christos Gage seems to be getting better with his stories. I've seen a definite improvement since he first started doing some of these WildStorm titles. This is one of those series though, that leaves more unanswered questions than it satisfies. Like this Rose Tattoo character. Henry so easily sways her to turn on her teammates, but then Swift and the new Weatherman, Henry's son, get her to turn her back on him, really, without to much effort. And now that she's been killed, she's been brought back somewhere. We know it's somewhere in Arkansas, but we don't know if she the Spirit of Life, or the Spirit of Murder. Obviously she's hanging around for some future storyline. And, the main antagonist of this story, Henry . . is he dead, or not? When they got to his bunker he appeared, but it was just a computer program programmed to act like him, in it's hologram form. Then, somehow, that program got transferred in to one of the cloned meta-human bodies that had been growing inside. I'm not exactly sure how that could happen. And now, apparently, it thinks it's Henry. At least that's how it was talking when it was trying to take down all these heroes. And, on top of that conundrum, it appears, at the end of the issue, Henry's program has transferred itself yet again in to Henry's son's body. Again . . how? Another tidbit that's hanging around for some future storyline. Like I said, I enjoyed the book, but . . there's still a lot of questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment