Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Logan #2 - Marvel


Ok. I figured out where my mistake was. When I picked up the first issue of this book, apparently I didn't look down in to the pile farther. I love Eduardo Risso's art, and when I opened it and saw that he had done a book in black & white, I was so thrilled, I didn't question it any farther. Then I got home, read the book, did my blog and mentioned that I wondered why they had a colorist listed on a black & white book. It seemed odd to me. So I looked it up on the Mile High Comics sights. There were indeed 2 books listed . . one with a black & white cover . . one color. So the next Wednesday when I went back to the shop, I asked my guy what was up. He said they were both in the pile . . I just didn't look hard enough. I felt . . very silly! Luckily he had a color copy left . . but ironically, no black & white ones. I guess the moral of this story is to not take things at face value. It's ok to do a little digging and research before you decide what you want. Anyways, Brian K Vaughan has put together a very compelling story here. Last issue Logan, and this Lt. Warren, had broken out of the camp they were being kept at. They needed to find a way out of Japan. They came across a woman in the country, but Warren wanted to kill her. Logan stopped him and told him to go his own direction. The woman took Logan in, bathed and fed him, and gave him comfort for the night. They seemed to be kindred souls. I think Logan fell in love with her. The next day however, as they were talking, Warren comes busting in . . shoots Logan in the head, and after a bit of a battle put a sword through Atsuko. Of course Logan recovers, and is pissed. He and Warren get in this huge fight, only to find out that Warren is just like Logan. He can't be killed. He doesn't heal like him, but he doesn't feel any pain. They start hacking each other up when they hear an American bomber flying overhead. Did you forget we're in Hiroshima? I'm sure you can figure out what happened next. On the final page, Logan is stumbling across the rubble with most of his skin and muscle burned off. We don't see what happened to Warren though. I think that's what next issue is all about. I thought it was a fantastic book, and a great series. I can't wait to see how they wrap it all up next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment