Sunday, April 13, 2008

DC Super Friends #1 - DC


This is an easy one. This title is really geared toward the young reader. I had to pick it up though, because I have all of the first series from the 70's. I used to love this Saturday Morning cartoon. I think you can still pick it up sometimes on Cartoon Network or Boomerang. I love those 2 channels. Anyways, this particular title is based on the toy line from Mattel. So it really doesn't have anything to do with any other titles. It's set up basically like a Saturday Morning cartoon. There's some action. There's some mystery. And there's a moral about what it means to be a hero. They even have little sayings on the pages before the ads like before they go to a commercial. This is also a book that has all the kids activities in their for them too. Overall, I think, it's a great book for kids. And apparently this market is growing because we're up to about 8 or 9 Johnny DC titles now. Fantastic! Buy them all for your kids, nephews and nieces, or grand-kids. You'll be investing in the future of this medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment