Sunday, April 27, 2008

Wolverine #64 - Marvel


Wolverine continues to be one of my favorite characters. There's something about he and Mystique being together that's just . . electrifying. She's like the character that you love to hate. How come the bad girls . . always look so good? It's no wonder men can't understand them. We actually have 2 stories going on right now. After the Mutant Messiah story-line, Scott decided that he'd had enough of Mystique and her particular brand of mayhem. So he asked Logan to take care of her. Which was fine for Logan because, really . . . all he needed was an excuse. Eventually he ends up in Afghanistan, for some reason, chasing her through the mountains. Eventually, she made it to the point where she's taken the place of a Congressman. She's trying to put the Marines between her and Logan. Anyways, while all of this is going on, we're also getting the story of how these 2 misfits first met. It was actually in the Mexican dessert in 1921. But the majority of the story takes place in Kansas City. Basically, she had set up shop there, with a band of thieves and con-men. What she didn't have was some muscle . . which is where Wolverine comes in. Long story short, they decided the next job was to knock over a Federal Reserve Bank. I'm not sure how she did it, but she sets up her crew. When they break in to the vault, there's policemen already there waiting for them. So basically, how she turns on them is somehow related to what she's doing now. I don't know how . . I can't really see it . . but it's gotta' be there. The final page is Mystique . . la' naturale . . with her blazing red hair and weapons to bear. Man she looks hot. Meoww!! Jason Aaron writes it. I thought he did a pretty decent job. I liked when Mystique stole some soldier's Humvee. "Dude . . Miss December just stole our truck." I thought some of his dialogue was a bit forced, but, really, that's just a personal preference. I just like it when there's something besides "comic book" dialogue. I thought Ron Garney did a pretty decent job with the art also. I thought the pages from the 20's looked better than the ones from the present, though. Again . . just my preference. I still enjoyed to book a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment