Sunday, April 27, 2008

Metal Men #7 - DC


I really do like this book. I think that Duncan Rouleau is doing a tremendous job. He is doing the story and the art after-all. And, I absolutely love these characters. The Metal Men are some of my favorite characters out there. I have almost everything that they've ever been in. I have to say this series, in particular, is taking the whole concept to all new heights. We have ideas and theories floating around in here that have never even come close to being explored. I like that there seems to be a connection between their responsometers and alchemy. It makes sense when you think about it. There is a kind of magic to these characters, but Will, being the man of science that he is, never even considered it. I also like how he's worked Will's brother David in to this series. It makes sense that their would be a sibling rivalry between the two. My question about TO Morrow is, did their friendship come along later in life or has Morrow been faking it this whole time? In this series, he really seems to have nothing but contempt for both Will and his creations. My only complaint is that some of the ideas here are so complex that, when they're trying to be explained to us, I feel like I'm sitting in on a science class. It makes my brain hurt. Ha-ha! Just kidding. I understand their necessity for completion and understanding of the overall story, but it does get a little wordy. It's a comic book. We'll just take your word for it. But, that being said, I still thoroughly enjoyed this title. I was a little afraid that to much of the story would be wrapped up this issue, leaving just the aftermath for the next, but . . . almost nothing's resolved here. Duncan is going to have to wrap up this whole series next issue. But that's ok. It'll definitely be interesting. I can't wait to see how it all plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment