Thursday, April 10, 2008

100 Bullets #89 - Vertigo


This issue is the first chapter of this new storyline, so it's a bit difficult to get a handle on everything that's going on. All the players are being moved in to place for . . . something . . but we don't know what that is yet, so we don't know how everything fits. But, this is how I perceive it. Agent Graves is working on taking down the Trust. At the same time, he's thinking back to the 60's, of when he had a hand in assembling it. Actually, he's not trying to take it down entirely, just how it currently stands. But this issue, one of his agents . . Burns . . has decided to flip sides. Which could be a bad thing for Graves. But, I'm guessing, that this old guy ain't no dummy. I'm willing to bet he saw this coming, and handled Burns in a way lately that he won't be able to hurt him. He may think he can, but I'm betting that whatever he thinks he has on Graves is just so much smoke & mirrors. But it's still enough to piss off Agent Graves. Meanwhile, we see another story unfolding about a teenage boy who's trying to become a man by taking a larger roll in the drug operation that he's currently a part of. Right now he's just a corner soldier, but he has bigger aspirations. But you know that old saying, "Be careful what you wish for." He's definitely in for more than he bargained for. He's young and cocky, so he thinks he knows everything. But he's also to young to know what he don't know. Somehow this story-line is a parallel for what's going on with Agent Graves, but I haven't figured all of that out yet. Anyways, it's official, this is the start of the final storyline. Issue #100 will be the final issue of this book. To me, that's incredibly sad. I've really enjoyed this book right from issue #1. To me, Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso are genius', and masters of their craft. But I don't want to start lamenting to soon, because we're still going to get another 11 issues out of them. I'd prefer to just enjoy it while I can. Also, if this doesn't end up in a movie in the next 5 years, I'd be really surprised. It would be perfect for it. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment