Monday, April 28, 2008

Tiny Titans #3 - DC




I know. I know. This book is for the kids. I couldn't agree more. But . . I just had to pick it up. Like I said before, I find it kind of reminiscent of those old Archie comics and stories. They're just a quick fun read. And they make me laugh. Like the kids school . . "Sidekick City Elementary". That's hilarious. And, like I've said before, if it gets the kids . . and a new generation of readers in to these characters . . then I really don't see a down-side. The Johnny DC line is up to like 8 or 9 books now. So that's 8 or 9 books every month that maybe some kid who never read comics before is checking out. And, with the variety they have, they can pretty much accommodate anyone's tastes or interests. That's why I like the concept. But still, even though I hate to admit it, I kinda' dig these books. They're completely different from everything else I read and, like I said, they're fun. When it comes down to it . . we're all still just kids inside. Right? Or do I just need therapy?

No comments:

Post a Comment