Sunday, April 27, 2008

Jonah Hex #30 - DC


I like this character. I love this book. However . . I wasn't overly thrilled with this story. I mean . . it was ok. I just didn't think it was one of the better ones. Basically the whole story takes place in this little town in the middle of nowhere . . Desperation . . Population . . . . 6. Well . . 7 with Hex. He's passed out in a room above the bar. Surprised? These train robbers roll in to town, and basically want to hold the town hostage until they can make their escape. There's a couple of things they didn't count on though. First there's only 1 horse in town. Actually 2, but one of them recently died. Also, obviously, they weren't counting on Hex being in thier midst. Plus, the leader of this gang, Lucky . . in really a lunkhead. Whomever named him that, was definitely being ironic. When they arrived in town, I think, there were five of them total. By the end . . the only one left standing is the woman. That was basically it. I don't know, maybe that's why I didn't like it . . maybe it was to simple. But, like I said I really do like this book. I guess a slow one now and then is inevitable. As usual Justin Gray & Jimmy Palmiotti wrote it and Jordi Bernet was the artist. I'm not really a big fan of his. I know his work gives this that older style look, but . . . I guess it's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment