Friday, April 04, 2008

Gen13 #18 - WildStorm


I have to say, I like, so far, how Simon Oliver is handling these characters. He's a bit on the serious side. They don't seem as fun-loving right now. But, that being said, they are in a pretty serious situation right now. As always, I think Carlo Barberi is doing a fantastic job with the art. It really is the perfect feel for this book. I think Drew Geraci's inks are aiding in that also. Things are really starting to come to a head for this who I/O, Dept. PSI, thing. They've been choreographing all the various stories up to this point, but I don't think they gave the kids enough credit. Especially Caitlin. Now that she has more of a clue as to what's going on . . with her self doubts over her observed suspicions gone, she really has a new clarity . . . she's decided to take a more pro-active position. It seems she wants to take the fight to them. But first, she has to get all of her friends back together. But the various story-lines are helping with that part. Everyone, in their own separate ways, have been betrayed by their supposed new friends. Now they've all worked their way back to the hotel their staying in and are comparing notes. Luckily, Caitlin is one step ahead of them so far. She covers their entrance in to the hotel, so they can disappear from the cameras, and then gives them a meeting location on Grunge's hot-dog wrapper. Ingenious! Now they just have to figure out what they're going to do about this assault on their lives, and privacy. Not to mention that they all feel betrayed by . . basically, all the people around them. You know what they say about the wrath of a woman scorned. I love this book. My only concern is that it seems like the landscape of the WildStorm Universe is getting ready to go through some major changes. I'm concerned about what's going to happen to this book. I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment