Sunday, August 17, 2008

Justice Society of America Annual #1 - DC


This issue follows the story directly out of JSA #17 . . you know, where Gog said he was going to send Kara home. This issue, as with the series, is written by Geoff Johns. So it has a seamless feel to it as you go from #17 to this issue. I, for one, really appreciate that. From what I understand, DC has decided to have certain artists do the stories from certain world's in the multi-verse. That way, no matter who the writer is, they'll have the same feel to them. Anyways, it's my understanding that Jerry Ordway is going to be the artist for Earth-2. Which I really like. This book really had the feel to it of those old All-Star Comics issues, or even like the All-Star Squadron. Anyways Jerry does this whole Annual, and it's really fantastic. Kara goes through all of this drama with Helena, and the rest of her friends from Justice Society, upon her return. She feels like she's at home, but, at the same time, something just doesn't feel right. Unfortunately . . she can't really pinpoint just what it is. But as she soon learns, there's another Power-girl there . . and she claims to be Karen Starr. Which soon puts Kara on the run, and the entire Justice Society looking for her. Her final words this issue, as she's fleeing down an alley . . "Gog . . where the hell did you send me?" In the back of the book there's a beautiful 2-page pin-up by Dale Eaglesham & Wade Von Grawbadger. It's really great looking. I wish I had a poster of it. Overall, I thought it was one of the best Annuals I've seen so far this year. Congratulations to all involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment