Sunday, August 03, 2008

Casey Blue: Beyond Tomorrow #3 - WildStorm


I'm beginning to enjoy this book more with each issue. I think B Clay Moore is doing a good job of unraveling this story at just the right pace. We aren't finding out to much to fast. Plus I enjoyed finding out about Casey as a person first . . before we got in to all of this assassin stuff. I think she's probably going to try to hang on to her old life, but . . that's going to be pretty hard considering who and what she is. Not to mention what she's capable of. I also think that Carlo Barberi is doing a good job with the artwork. I especially liked the first couple of pages in this issue, where Casey and her unknown mentor are out in the rain fighting. I like how his work reminds me of Humberto Ramos. Not entirely. He's got his own unique style, but . . there's a hint there. It looks like Casey is going to finally see what she's capable of. She's decided to take up her mentor's offer of training. As she opens up her abilities, I'm wondering if we'll find out more about just exactly how she ended up being this way. I mean, you aren't born with these skills. They had to have been implanted somehow. Maybe it has something to do with her parents. Something about them doesn't seem quite on the up and up. I haven't been able to pin-point anything. It's just a feeling I have. But . . . I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm liking this series more than I anticipated. That's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment