Saturday, August 09, 2008

DC Super Friends #5 - DC


This is a very silly book. It's very juvenile. But . . that's ok. That's the audience that it's targeted for. It's a little to silly for me. However, I do understand what it's trying to accomplish. I continue to applaud this Johnny DC line for getting a new generation of readers into the hobby. Whether they collect them, or just pick them up to read them . . who cares. The point is that there's an interest generated. And that's what they need to get the ball rolling. I'm mean seriously, ask yourself a question . . would you rather have your kid sit in front of video games for hours on end, or have them pick up a book, even if it is a comic, and sit down to read it? It's an exercise in, what I think is kids littlest used muscle nowadays, their imagination. Remember when we used to go outside as kids and make up our own games? We didn't have video games, or computers to occupy our time, and we weren't allowed to plant ourselves in front of the TV. We had to rely on our imagination. I say, let's get kids to do that again. Although now they'll think we're being mean to them. Anyways, I enjoy the book. It's a little to immature for my tastes, but . . I appreciate the concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment