Saturday, August 23, 2008

infinity inc. #12 - Marvel


I'm sad to see this book go. I liked the group of characters that they put together here. I thought they were interesting and well thought out. And some of them, we've only barely tapped into their personalities, egos or powers. However, with the performance of this book, through it's first 12 issues . . . it's demise wasn't completely unexpected to me. I believe we will see these characters more though. I think they're going to play a significant role in this Dark Side Club story-line that weaving it's way through all of the DC titles. And, from the looks of things, they'll be involved in the Terror Titans mini-series that'll be coming out in a couple of months. The only one who appears to be significantly changed, and we may not see anymore after this issue, is Gerome. He was abducted by this Fogel character . . whom I believe is Desaad . . and has been the subject of his experiments. At the end of this issue, Gerome's evil identity ends up killing the 'B' personality, which also wipes out the 'A' personality which has been appearing as an apparition. But we're left kind of questioning whether or not the evil one is still around. It's not entirely explained. And, the whole thing is a bit confusing. But anyways, this Fogel guy captures the rest of the team when they try to rescue Gerome. Superman and Steel show up the next day, after John Henry gets Natalie's message, but any evidence of them having ever been there has been erased. However, we don't know what's actually happened to them, and there's still the Dark Side Club out there. I like what Peter Milligan did with the final few issues here, but I think it's been doomed from the beginning. Hopefully, after the Terror Titan thing, maybe the group will get back together, or . . maybe some will join the Titans. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Javier Aranda did the art this issue. It was ok. It shows potential, but I didn't particularly like the inking style. But, it's the final issue, so . . who am I gonna complain to?

No comments:

Post a Comment