Saturday, August 09, 2008

the Brave and the Bold #15 - DC


Mark Waid and Scott Kolins make a pretty good team on this book. I became a fan of Scott's when he did his run on the Flash. I was really disappointed when he left. After that, he really didn't do to much work in the DC Universe. But now? He's been on this book for the last couple of issues, and I think they're fantastic. Scott isn't the fanciest of pencillers, but . . he gets a lot across in his panels, and there's a kind of raw emotion to them. It's hard to explain, but I just feel the story more through his panels. Anyways, this issue wraps up the Nanda Parbat story. Recently a dragon-priest came to life and captured Rama Kushna, the goddess of life. Needless to say he took her power and perverted it. He created an army of ghost assassins, they act much in the manner of Deadman, but the bodies they inhabit die from their ethereal energies. Anyways, Nightwing, Hawkman, Deadman and Green Arrow are all that really stand between their taking over all the super-powered people in the world. It's a tall order, but of course this group rises to the occasion. I think Nightwing and Hawkman make a pretty good team. I think they should think about doing another story with those 2. They're both pretty dynamic characters, and they play off of each other well. Overall I thought it was a really good story-arc, but I'm really looking forward to next issue . . . Superman and Catwoman. That should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment