Saturday, August 23, 2008

Supergirl #32 - DC



I've enjoyed this story. I thought that Kelley Puckett did a good job of expressing the frustration that Kara was going through trying to save this little boy, Thomas. She's tried everything she could think of to stop the disease . . . super-powers, super-villains and more. But, she couldn't stop the progression of the disease, and last issue Thomas died. As she and Superman are overseeing the funeral, she vows to Kal that she'll never give up . . " . no matter how long it takes." Well, in about 50 years she comes across a villain that uses time travel to beat people. I think you can see where this is going. The 'hows & whys' are a bit confusing, but eventually she gets the device from this Dolok character. But by the time she can get to Thomas' house, both his mother and father have also died. That's when she finally realizes that things happen the way they happen. As much as she didn't want it to end the way it did . . it did. And if she tried to use the device to alter it . . then how is she any better that the murderer Dolok? I like the way it played out. We could really feel Kara's frustration. Although, I will say, I'm glad it's over. Ron Randall did the art this issue, and I couldn't be happier. Ron did issue #30, but Drew Johnson did the other ones. Well . . except for Brad Walker last issue. The point, though, is that I like Ron's work so much better than Drew's. Nothing against Drew, but Ron's style looks so much better. Hopefully they can get him to stay on this book. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment