Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ultimate Spider-man #124 - Marvel


There's a reason why this is one of my favorite books . . . well . . maybe there's several reasons. First of all, I think Brian Bendis has done a tremendous job with this book, ever since day one. I love the interaction and dialogue between all of these characters. I'm glad he doesn't do the inner dialogue like he did on the Avengers for a little while there. That was a bit annoying. Secondly, I think Spider-man, or more specifically . . Peter Parker, is one of the best characters out there. And he has a great . . and huge. . supporting cast. I also really prefer this teen-age Peter to the grown-up one. I like that everything is new, and unexplored, to him. He's flying by the seat of his pants . . . sometimes literally. Also the art on this book has always been top-notch. First with Mark Bagley, and now with Stuart Immonen. And finally I love the Ultimate Universe theme that Marvel created with this book. I like the fact that anything can change . . and it usually does . . and that no theme or idea are 'out of bounds'. I really feel that the Ultimate Universe have made comics fun again . . . especially this one. This book is leading us in to the Ultimate Venom story-line. Peter's starting to notice the head-aches that come when he's in the vicinity of Venom . . but, he hasn't put that piece of the puzzle together yet. Plus this issue we see Silver Sable, Nick Fury again . . . who I swear looks an awful lot like Samuel L Jackson . . and this Beetle (?) character . . whom we really don't know anything about yet. Oh yeah . . plus a few glimpses of Venom. This is easily one of my favorite books out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment