Saturday, August 30, 2008

Booster Gold #11 - DC


To me, this is one of my favorite books out there right now. Chuck Dixon has recently taken over the writing chores, but I really don't think that'll change the feel of the book to much. Although I'm sure taking over after Geoff Johns would be a daunting task. I think Chuck is more than up for the challenge. Dan Jurgens and Norm Rapmund are still on the art chores, and they're still knocking it out of the park. This is seriously some of the best stuff I've ever seen from Dan. I definitely like Norm's influence on his work. Anyways, this issue focus' on a criminal from the future, Wiley Dalbert, who invents a time-travel device. But he can only go backwards in time. Originally he had made his way back to the early days of Gotham City in which he spent the money he had acquired on the way back as a millionaire philanthropist. However, during on off his robberies, something went wrong. He had hired Killer Moth to rob a museum, but it was interfered with by Batman & Robin, and Batgirl. He went back and posed as Killer Moth to try to set the time-line right, but he only succeeded in making it worse. Now he has to go back and pose as Batman to see if he can set things right. That should be interesting. I can believe Booster posing as the Moth, but Batman? That may be a bit of a stretch. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I think part of the reason I like this book so much is because usually these time-travel stories do nothing but give me a head-ache. However, with this series . . I really dig 'em. Or at least I'm diggin' the perspective that they're approaching it from. "The greatest hero you've never heard of!" That's priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment