Saturday, August 23, 2008

Trinity #10 - DC



I have a couple of questions about this issue. In the front story . . by Kurt Busiek and Mark Bagley . . the Justice League, or more importantly our Trinity, seem to be being attacked on multiple fronts. After reading the back-up story, we get the understanding that this is all part of an 'enchantment' that Le Fey is putting together. Basically she's gathering up mementos, or items, that are closely associated with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, so she can put some kind of 'spell' on them. I assume this has something to do with Superman's weird behavior in the opening story. He just seems more on edge, and willing to do whatever it takes to beat this thing. But, now that I think about it, it seems like all of the Justice League members seem to be a little bit off kilter. All of their personalities seem a bit . . . muddled, or something. My question though is what does the Crime Syndicate have to do with any of this? Morgan or Enigma haven't been in contact with them, so it's not like they have any kind of deal going, so . . why is it that they're abducting humans off of our Earth and transporting them to theirs? I'm a little fuzzy about all of that. However, in the back-up story, with Fabian Nicieza and Scott McDaniel, it seems like our investigative team is getting closer to figuring out what's going on. They're starting to get the gist of what the enemies goals seem to be, but not necessarily of their identities. It seems to me like the assault, from Le Fey, Enigma and Despero is going to be on our 3 main characters. But, I think the victory is going to come from the involvment of all of their proteges. Our Trinity seems to be the 'heart' of the universe, but I think thier divergent supporting casts are the life-blood. I'm just thinking ahead, and outside of the box here. And as I said before, any story that gets me thinking this much . . . is doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment