Saturday, August 30, 2008

100 Bullets #94 - Vertigo


I'll say it again, and it won't be the last time, I think Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso are genius'. This series is absolutely perfect. I love every panel of every page. This issue Graves, Augustus and Javier decide to have a meeting because they're trying to figure out who took out Rothstein. He was supposed to be off limits to everybody. Unfortunately, I think they've gotten a little out of contact with the actions of their soldiers. If they dig deep they might be able to figure out who did it. There's also some drama unfolding outside as Dizzy and Lono are waiting for their respective bosses. When Dizzy tells him her name, he puts it together that she's the one that Shepherd was talking about when he killed him. So then they start duking it out by the pool. We don't really know the outcome, but the issue ends with the 3 in the basement hearing gunshots coming from outside, and Augustus and Graves realizing that they left Lono and Dizzy to their own devices. A bad decision by both sides. By the way, I've gotten quite a few visitors, but not to many answers to my survey. I just think that some songs fit some books perfectly and by playing them, when I'm reading, I get a completely different feel for the book than if I just read it in silence. While I'm reading this one, I'm listening to the Stones. Sympathy for the Devil, to be specific. I think it's the perfect song for this book. With only 6 issues to go, I can't wait to see how this series ends. It should be exciting.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree that the Rolling Stones are the perfect band for this book, but I listen to "Gimme Shelter" every time I pick up the new issue.

    ReplyDelete