Sunday, August 17, 2008

DC Special: Cyborg #3 - DC


I have a complaint. I know it's minor, but . . it bothers me. Ken Lashley did the art for the first 2 issues of this series. It was fantastic. But, as has been the norm lately, it seems like everybody is switching artists every couple of issues. As a matter of fact, I don't know that I've ever seen Ken actually finish a project, without a fill-in issue here or there. For god's sakes, this is a mini-series . . not a continuing one. So why wouldn't they get all 6 issues in the can before they even published it? Then they could've . . waited? . . for Ken to finish all 6 issues. I know the story doesn't change because of the artist, but . . . is it to much to ask that a story-arc be finished by the artist that started it? Anyways, I did enjoy the story. Mark Sable is building a compelling story here about Vic's one-time best friend, Ron Evers. Is he the villain here . . or is he just another victim? If you ask me, I think this Mister Orr is the villain. But he's continued to be an ambiguous character at best. And I don't know that we'll ever know everything about him. His one success though, Equos will be here next issue to have another throw-down with Vic. Carlos Magno ended up doing the art for this issue. It wasn't bad. But . . it wasn't as good as Ken's. So, for me, that aspect of the story was a bit disappointing. However, as far as the story goes, I do like how were revisiting Vic's past and origins. This isn't an origin book . . per se, but . . we are finding out that some of the things we thought about Vic's beginnings . . are shrouded in a bit of deception. But then . . isn't everybodies past? Consistent artist or not . . I'm still looking forward to the next 3 issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment