Saturday, August 09, 2008

Two-Face - Year One #1 - DC



I thought this was a pretty interesting book. I thought that Mark Sable did a good job of crafting a story here around information that's pretty common, but still kept it interesting. I mean let's face it, there really wasn't anything new in this story. Most of the information here is stuff that we already knew. I'm guessing that it's being presented again because of the fantastic character that Harvey Dent plays in the movie, the Dark Knight. In the movie we see his character slip from altruism to psychosis pretty easily. But we didn't really get to much of a story on his back-ground. Honestly, if you wanted to make the movie 4 hours long, instead of 2 1/2, all of this information could've been added to it. But, I hate it when movies over-explain things. And if this would've been in the movie, that's how it would've felt. So anyways, for all of the people that are interested, this is an interpretation of how he went from District Attorney to murdering madman. It also shows that the corruption and vice flows through Gotham like the life-blood through it's veins. It's as common on the streets as the air they breathe. It also shows that while the Batman is effective in the streets, he's more of a hindrance in the courtroom. I thought that Jesus Saiz and Jimmy Palmiotti did a good job of keeping the art in the mood of the story. Overall I thought the book was not entirely original, but still very entertaining. Especially, like I said, in the sweep of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment