Sunday, August 17, 2008

Teen Titans #61 - DC


I guess, in the tradition of the Blue and the Gold . . Blue Beetle and Booster Gold . . they're trying to put together a new team of the Red and the Blue . . Red Devil and Blue Beetle. Oh yeah, they changed his name from Kid Devil to Red Devil. It's about time! I like the chemistry between these 2, however, right now, it seems a little forced. I think with some more interaction between the 2 it'll seem more natural. Like the Blue & Gold team-ups. But I do have a word of advice . . let them be who they are. Don't try to make them just like Ted and Booster. I know they want the same chemistry, but they aren't the same people . . obviously. Let it come naturally. Sean McKeever is doing a good job deconstructing and then reconstructing this team. I think we're in the latter, but so far it's been a pretty slow process. But I think, in the long run, it's definitely going to pay off. This issue Carlos Rodriguez does the art. It's . . ok. I like Eddy Barrows cover better than the interiors. But, like I said . . it was ok. There just wasn't anything special about it. But really this whole issue was about forming that bond between Jamie and Eddie. I think it'll get there . . eventually. Like the art, it was an ok issue. Nothing very special though. But I still love this team and these characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment