Saturday, August 23, 2008

Manhunter #33 - DC


Marc Andreyko has an interesting story going on here . . . the first story-arc of the relaunch of this book . . it's about Vesetech, a pharmaceutical company, and Kate's attempt at figuring out what it and the murders of these immigrant women have in common. She's not making a lot of progress, but . . she does seem to have gotten the attention of somebody. Also she's asking herself some important questions . . . why does this building have secret underground floors? . . . what's with the cutting edge security? . . . why would they feel it's necessary to have super-human security guards? All things a company of this size and reputation shouldn't have. She's also being helped by Oracle, and by association . . Huntress and Zindy. There's also the whole thing with Iron Munro, Kate's actual father, and the revelation that her son, Ramsey . . . he may be following in his grand-father's footsteps. One thing I am wondering about though . . and I'm asking myself why it hasn't been addressed yet . . what's with Kate's costume? If it's a Darkstar costume, it should be capable of more than just covering her vivacious body. Correct? So what's the deal? The issue ends with Kate about to take a whupping from the 2 super-powered guards, so she cuts through the floor. Underneath she finds what looks like a cloning lab, and it's being protected by . . . . "We used to be called Suicide Squad, but now, we're free agents. Looks to be quite the pickle you're in, don't it?" I thought the issue was ok. The Liam Sharp cover looks good. However, I'm not overly thrilled with Michael Gaydos' interior art. The guy has some talent, and potential, but right now . . . I don't really like it. There's some panels that look decent, but overall . . . I don't think it's good enough. I want this book to work out for it's creators. I got into it a little late . . . issue #18 or #19, I think . . . but right now I don't thing were at the same quality as before the hiatus. Kate's been showing up a lot in the Birds of Prey book, so I'm thinking that this book is riding on the coat-tails of that one. Unfortunately, if it doesn't improve . . it probably won't be there for long. Sorry! I'm just trying to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment