Sunday, August 10, 2008

X-Men Legacy #214 - Marvel


I really enjoyed this book. I liked the way the Sinister story-line wrapped up. To me . . it was completely unexpected. Well . . it was and it wasn't. After reading it, you realize that, really, it's the only ending that could've happened. I have one comment though. What's up with the cover of Scott as a child? I mean he wasn't even in this issue. I know next issue deals with Scott and Xavier's confrontation, but . . what does that have to do with him being a child on this month's cover? I mean . . it doesn't really matter . . I was just wondering. Anyways, this issue wraps up Sinister's life-long plan to have his essence take over a body of his choosing . . in the case of his demise. Well . . we all know he did die, and thus . . his plan was enacted. Apparently his first choice has always been Charles. When they were children he imprinted his own DNA on these 4 boys, and now his Cronus device is bringing that plan to realization. Long story short, Charles, Gambit and Sebastian Shaw bring him to his knees and destroy his device, forever disabling that particular plan. But, the book really should've been called the many deaths of Charles Xavier, because that's how Sinister was trying to block Xavier's incredible power . . making him relive all his life and death experiences. So anyways, like I said, together they disabled that particular plan. But, Sinister is nothing if not a man with infinite contingencies. Charles and Remy breathe a sigh of relief thinking that Sinister is finally dead, but, we find out later, that was just one of his plans. That plan was conceived before he had mastered cloning. So, of course, once he had . . he just made himself a new body to 'down-load' in to. Although this time he looks like he could be the Black-queen of the Hellfire Club. But he prefers . . . Miss Sinister. And the game begins anew. I think Mike Carey is doing a great job with this book. I'm really enjoying his stories and the directions that he's taking these various characters in. I also enjoy his humor. After Remy and Sebastian destroy the Cronus device, which weakens Sinister's hold on Charles, Charles breaks free. He turns to Sebastian and thanks him. His reply is, "Please. I was on Sinister's list myself. Altruism has never been one of my vices, and I'm too old to take up new hobbies." I also was wondering, how does Sebastian always end up with his shirt off? Scot Eaton again did the pencils this issue, although he did have some help from Ken Lashley. The results were spectacular. It's really a sharp looking book. Sometimes it's hard for me to pick which X-Men book I like better.

No comments:

Post a Comment