Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wolverine Origins #27 - Marvel


There's a couple of things I'm unclear of . . with this story. Is Daken actually Logan's son . . or was he just like a surrogate father? If I understand this correctly, Daken's mother died while she was pregnant . . but Logan didn't know that? So, apparently, after he was born that's when the other family took him in? We've gotten the story over the last 2 issues, but . . the time-line is a little confusing. Of course, I could be confusing myself. Anyways, if that's the series of events . . I'm guessing it was Romulus, in the first case, that killed Daken's mother, and Logan's love. He seems to have very intricate, and long scheming plans. So, maybe this was all a set-up right from the beginning . . . but . . how did he even know about Logan, when he was going to such great lengths to hide himself? Also, if he knew about Logan then he would understand the possibilities that would arise from his offspring, but . . how did he know that she was pregnant? The other part that has me confused is this cave, in the US, where all these test-subjects were experimented on during the war. This was a time when Logan was persuaded to do things that he might not have otherwise . . he was a very bad man. So, if he knew what went down in this cave, and the emotional ties, and drama, that existed here . . why on Earth would he bring Daken here? Obviously the story of these Japanese victims is somehow tied to the story of Daken, who was also raised in Japan . . . but, I'll be damned if I can figure out where the connection lies yet. I'm also starting to think . . maybe this story is more about Romulus than necessarily Logan or Daken. I mean obviously they're all involved, but . . . it's possible this story is more about introducing us to Romulus and his nefarious plans. Could be . . right? I'm sure we'll have a better understanding of this story as it progress', but right now . . I have more questions than answers. I thought Stephen Segovia did a pretty decent job with the art on this issue. I do however miss Steve Dillon. Hopefully he'll be back after this story-arc.

No comments:

Post a Comment