Sunday, May 11, 2008

X-Men - First Class #11 - Marvel


I have to say . . as much as I like this book . . I thought this issue was pretty lame. I loved the cover by Carlo Pagulayan. I thought that was the best part of the whole book. I didn't particularly like the interior art though. It was by Nick Dragotta. And personally, I thought Jeff Parker really fell short with this story. The concept . . I thought . . was ok. It just didn't play out very well. Basically, there's some teens from the Marvel Universe. They call themselves the Continuiteens. It all goes back to the extraterrestrial catalyst that the X-Men sent back in to space. When it went up, it passed over Man-thing's swamp . . the Nexus of Realities. Apparently it changed the waters, somehow Mysterio found out about it, and the waters amped up his powers. Well these teenagers also came across this swamp before. There's a Diamond Distribution warehouse down there that they used to go to get the books for the shop they worked in. Well, one time something was happening, and they were getting all these books from the future. The future of the Marvel Universe. Well, they got as many as they could, studied them, and then whenever the Marvel Universe looks like it's going to go astray, they intervene and try to help keep things on track. Which basically is what happens when Mysterio gets ahold of the water. They team up with the X-Men and show them where Mysterio is hiding and how to beat him. That was basically the story. Like I said, I thought it was a decent idea . . but, it could've played out better, or differently. I just really wasn't to impressed with the way they did it. That being said, I'll still buy the book because I'm hoping that this issue was just a fluke. I've really enjoyed the series so far . . just not this issue. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment