Sunday, May 18, 2008

Metal Men #8 - DC


I really like this book. The Metal Men are some of my favorite characters of all time. I have . . almost . . every appearance that they've ever made. But I gotta say, in all that time . . in all that rich history . . things were never, ever, explained is such detail as they were in this series. And, while I appreciate that . . I think that this series will be like the bible of the Metal Men for any future series . . it was a bit confusing, because we had so much stuff being thrown at us. Like the big alchemical creature with the pyramid on his head and the one eye. I'm a little confused about if he came from the past or the future. I kind of get what he was after, but then in this issue, Will and Professor Morrow take him out, but it isn't really explained what happens to him. I have a feeling this guys going to pop up again. I definitely don't think he's down for the count. Also, at the end of the issue, Will's brother, David, gets caught in the time-stream and something happens to him that turns him in to another Metal Man. He's a new one, Viridium, and he definitely has it out for Will and his band of metal miscreants. I thought Duncan Rouleau did a wonderful job with this series. Both in story and art. I'm not sure how much . . or how many ideas . . Grant Morrison gave Duncan, but there were some brilliant ideas in here. Like I said, things that will define every future story of these heroes. For that I'm thankful. There were just times that I felt like I was sitting in on a science class. Which, overall, is ok. I think everything was accomplished that they wanted to accomplish. I'm sure we'll see a new series from them sometime in the next year or so. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here. I really do love these characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment