Sunday, May 18, 2008

Noble Causes #33 - Image


Whodathunkit? After waiting almost 8 months between issues #31 and #32, we get issue #33 about 3 weeks later. That's fantastic. Before I get in to the book, I'd like to point out 2 things in the back that I really liked. First, for lack of a letters page, Jay goes through and comments on all of his creators. I think that's fantastic. We always give credit to the writer and artist, but not very often do the inker, colorist or letterer get their deserved accolades. I give Jay incredible respect for taking the time to do that. Secondly, he starting a new feature, I'm sure it's on his web page, where he's going to be talking about the things that influenced him. Comics, media, movies, TV . . whatever. This issue he talks about the impact that New Teen Titans #25 had on him. I like hearing about what's been influential to others, especially when it's something that I liked just as much. If you have the chance, pick it up and read it. Or check out his website at www.jayfaerber.com. I'm sure you'll find lots there to read. Last issue Surge brought his new girl-friend, Amy, to Noble Island. We find out at the end that she's actually working for Crucible. He sends her there to cause some chaos, but after Frost reneges on his agreement with Crucible, he informs Amy that her new priority is to take out Frost. She doesn't go about it the way you think. What she does is go in to Frost's room, and when Surge comes in she acts like he's attacking her. There's a big fight between Surge and Frost. Then Amy fire's some kind of weapon at him that leaves him lying on the ground, in a puddle, looking like he's been dehydrated . . like beef jerky or something. Needless to say . . the story is to be continued. This is a great series. I love everything that Jay's done with it so far, and I'm sure that it'll continue in to greatness. Get it . . if you aren't!

No comments:

Post a Comment