Sunday, May 18, 2008

Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters #8 - DC


I love these characters. I was thrilled when the first mini-series came out . . about 2 years ago. I was equally thrilled when this series started. However, by the end . . I think we were floundering a little bit. I feel like the series just kind of lost it's way . . for some reason. I feel like the only thing that was really accomplished was introducing some new characters . . and a new "bad-guy". The new characters include, the reintroduction to Red Bee, Captain Triumph, Libertine, Miss Cosmos, and Neon. Red Bee is an old character, but she got amped up and re-vamped a bit. Captain Triumph and Libertine where a couple of the new characters that SHADE came up with to replace the Freedom Fighters. But Libertine doesn't really count, because he got eaten by the bugs. Miss Cosmos used to be Miss America, but when she was killed, she underwent a kind of transformation. And Neon is Ray's dad, Happy. He's also undergone a transformation . . . kind of out of necessity, to save his son. And the new "bad-guy" . . doesn't really have a name, but he's the conglomeration of all the miniaturized soldiers when Emma tried to bring them, and Lester, back to normal size. He / it was already barely controllable, but this issue she ends up pulling Lester out, leaving, they think, the rest to fate. Which they aren't very happy about. So thus we have a new "bad-guy" with a hard on for the Freedom Fighters. Also, at the end of this issue, the fate of the group is kind of up in the air. Some have already moved on, and others are thinking about it. If we get another mini-series out of this, I'm sure the line-up will be different. I, for one, would like to see them come back, sometime. Like I said, I think this particular series kind of lost it's focus, but I still love these characters. I hate to think that their futures are left to limbo. We should be able to do something about that! What do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment