Sunday, May 11, 2008

Uncanny X-Men #497 - Marvel


This was an interesting book. I was completely off base with my guess last issue. I was guessing that the Goddess that was causing all of the trouble in San Fran was Ororo. You know . . Goddess . . natural assumption. But, there seems to be some kind of image spell going also, so maybe . . nah . . I doubt it now. Even though we've seen the goddess . . we still aren't any closer to figuring out what exactly she's up to . . or why. Emma and Scott have made it to the city, and she's projecting an image over them so they don't stand out in the crowd. But, the Goddess, and her consort . . or whatever it is he calls himself . . Eli, I guess . . can sense them, and knows who they are. Meanwhile, back in Russia, Logan Kurt and Peter have been captured by some government official and his giant robots. When they awaken, Peter asks them what this is all about, and what they want . . "Want? Comrade Rasputin? The Red Room wants many things. To start with . . we want to know why, when Russia lost all her mutant agents on your so-called M-Day . . You and your friends were spared . . tell us this, and they may be spared again." He says this as they're hooked up to gizmo's and wires and look like they're hanging over a warehouse floor. I think Ed Brubaker is doing a fine job with this title. He's been scripting it for quite a while now, and he seems to fit in pretty well with the X-Men experience. But the real star of this book is Mike Choi. His artwork is incredible. I've been a fan of his for a while, but, this is some of the best stuff from him I've ever seen. It's fantastic. Or should I say . . Uncanny! Sorry! Droll joke. Anyways, we only have a few more issues until we get to #500. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment