Sunday, May 04, 2008

Gotham Underground #7 - DC


First of all . . I want to know how Dick can confuse Leslie with . . the Riddler? Remember last issue, when he was laying in the alley, shot . . as he starts to pass out, he thinks he sees Leslie coming to his rescue. Must've been delirious from all that blood loss. Anyways, Riddler takes him to the hospital. Apparently, being undercover with the Penguins news gangs . . yes, multiple ones . . Dick's not as smooth as he thought. The Riddler riddled out that he was Nightwing. Obviously he doesn't know that he's Dick, but . . he knows that Nightwing is undercover. I think he wants to have someone inside of Penguins little . . So You Think You Can Be An OG? . . reality series. My question though is . . does Pengy really think he's going to be able to keep all these guys & gals under control when they start to figure out how to use their armaments and suits and stuff? I guess that's a story for another time though. Right now Penguins goons are fighting all of Tobias Whale's goons. Unfortunately . . for Tobias . . the Penguin has more. But, just as they're about to declare victory . . actually they have because Tobias knows that he's been beaten and has decided to join with the Penguin so that they're stronger when the other guys come back . . Salvation Run? . . are you paying attention? . . I guess I should say, as they're about to celebrate their victory . . Vigilante starts picking them off from a rooftop. What a way to spoil a party. But he only gets to pick off a couple of them before . . . wait for it . . . Batman's back! Of course if you were reading this title you'd have been aware of that because Alfred broke him out of the prison last issue. Talk about a loyal man-servant. Next issue is billed as . . . Batman vs Vigilante. I really like the way Frank Tieri is handling this series. He's got the pulse of a lot of different characters here . . and I like what he's doing with Pengy and Tobias. And of course . . if you've read any of my blogs . . you know what a huge fan of J Calafiore's I am. And he's definitely not letting me down on this series. The only bad part is . . there's only 2 issues to go. Bummer! I guess I'll just have to enjoy it while I can.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't get into GU. I picked up the first 4 or 5 issues, but I ended up giving them to a friend. I loved Calafiore's art, but the story was kind of lame.

    ReplyDelete