Sunday, May 11, 2008

Secret History of the Authority - Hawksmoor #2 - Wildstorm


Ok, I'll say this again, when I picked up the book and saw that Cully Hamner did the cover . . I wasn't overly thrilled. But I picked it up anyways, because . . it's the Authority. However, Cully doesn't do anything besides the cover. Even there, I have to question . . why? But, the insides are done by Mike Costa on scripts, and Fiona Staples as the artist. I never heard of Fiona. However, in the first issue, I was impressed with the story. I was a little concerned about this guy being able to hold our interests in a solo story . . but, the way his powers were explained, and the way he thought about things were pretty interesting. I also kinda' liked Fiona's art. It's not really my style, but it did have a certain feeling to it. Now, in the second book, I would have to say that Fiona did a fantastic job. The way the story was colored . . and done in a lot of shadows, I really liked the way that it came across. It's not perfect . . but that's ok. The flow was good, and between the story and the art, it really pulled you in. We still don't know all the specifics of what's going on, but we're getting the picture unraveled slowly, as well as the explanation of his powers. I have to admit, I'm getting in to it more than I thought I would. And in the end, that's all you can really ask of your creators. It's an interesting ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment