Sunday, May 25, 2008

Cable #3 - Marvel



Ok. I'm not sure what the goal, or vision of this series is, but . . it seems a bit muddled right now. Duane Swiercynski is the writer. I'm just not sure what he plans to accomplish here. First of all, Cable is just reacting to everything that's happening around him. From a man with so much military experience, and planning, you'd think he would've had a better idea when he jumped into the future. So, ok . . we'll say that maybe that was his plan . . to just jump randomly, so that his actions couldn't be predicted by those that wanted to harm the "messiah" child. However, even if that were so . . wouldn't he have had back-ups in place, or "safe-houses" or whatever, scattered across the country . . or time-line. Even the choice to have an absence of plan . . is, in reality, still a plan. Not a good one . . but, that's his choice. I guess. Actually, Bishop's interception of him is just as random. We saw last issue that Bishop had to bounce around time for a while to figure out where Cable was going to be, and then just show up a day early . . and wait. Also, not necessarily a good plan . . but it worked. However, it appears that Cable is now stuck in this time, 2043, because the time-machine in his arm is now broken. I guess that'll happen when you're tossed around, shot at, and a semi-truck lands on top of you. It's funny though, how all of that happens, but nothing happens to the baby. We have a new protagonist enter the room, literally, on the final page of the issue. I have no clue who he is though. Right now, to me, the best part about this series is the Ariel Olivetti art. It's great . . insanely great. Don't get me wrong . . I like all the action, and Cable is one of my favorite characters. Like I said, I'm just confused about where we're going. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment