Sunday, May 11, 2008

Shadowpact #24 - DC


I can't believe there's only 1 issue left of this book. That stinks! I really that that Matthew Sturges was starting to hit his stride with these stories. Bill Willingham, obviously, brings a completely different feel to the book, but I thought Matthew was handling the various characters quite well. However, I knew the writing was on the wall when Phil Winslade came on board as the artist. For some reason, especially with these sword & sorcery titles, Phil is like the relief pitcher. He comes in for the last few innings, er . . I mean issues . . so that the title can go out on an up note. I'm hoping with this Reign in Hell story-line coming up this summer, that we'll see whomever's left standing after this Sun King thing, at least in some capacity, in that story-line. I know this books only been around for 24 issues, but I've really come to like these characters. I didn't really like it when Danny lost his powers, but . . in this issue, you'll see that he's going to do some improvising. "You heard what the man said, Laura. If we're going to beat this Sun King character, we need the entire Shadowpact. Hell, we need three of them, apparently." Which is what the Phantom Stranger does this issue. He's brought together the Shadowpact from 100 years past, and the one from 100 years in the future. I guess this Sun King threatens the world across time as well as space. And with all the minions of hell, apparently, at his beck and call . . this is going to be a heck of a fight for our team. We'll just have to wait for next issue to see who's left standing . . and where they're going to go from here. It'll be a sad issue . . . for me anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment