Saturday, May 31, 2008

Final Crisis - Sketchbook #1 - DC


I'm the type of person that I'm always interested in seeing what's coming up. I love movie previews. I can't watch any TV show without watching the previews at the end. And I love seeing and hearing about new books or story-lines that are coming up. So this book? This book was a natural for me. We've been getting all this information about what's coming up in all these story-lines this summer . . actually misinformation, because most of it's been in very cryptic clues . . but now we get to see some of the actual characters and story ideas behind the whole thing. First I have to say that I'm surprised to find out that the New Gods were going to be playing such a big part of this drama. I assumed with the Death of the New Gods storyline . . that was it. No more. Except maybe Darkseid and Orion. We don't really know what their final fate is yet. But, we see in this issue, that Grant has ideas for pretty much the whole crew . . Darkseid, Granny Goodness, Desaad, the Black Racer, Reverend G Godfrey Goode, Orion, Metron, the Forever People, and even Lightray. But wasn't he the first one to die? Hmmm! And of course Mister Miracle, Shiloh Norman, from the Seven Soldiers series, is also involved. Then, after all of that, we start to get the character sketches for all the new characters. And there looks to be a lot of them. Are these going to be the Fifth World characters? That's what I love about these previews also. They tend to raise more questions than they answer. But . . that's ok. I also really enjoyed the cover sketches at the end. All in all, I liked the information obtained in this issue. But the best part is . . this means that the book is almost here. Fan-frikin-tastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment