Thursday, May 15, 2008

the Spirit #16 - DC


I have to be honest with you . . I almost fell asleep while reading this one. I found it to be completely boring. This one is a murder mystery, and while the answer wasn't the obvious one . . it was completely pulled out of left field. The most enjoyable part of the book . . I thought . . was Paul Smith's artwork. I really got into him back in the 80's, when he was hot, and then he did the X-Men for a little while. But, he really hasn't done anything noteworthy since then. I know I've said this the last 15 issues, but I really don't see what the appeal of this character is. Maybe because it was a different time when he was popular . . the world was in a different place. And, like I've also said, I know nostalgia is chic. But, I just don't get it. I'll probably stop getting this one pretty soon, because it seems like month after month I'm having a harder time having anything positive to say about it. I have huge props for Will Eisner. I just find this incarnation very lethargic.

No comments:

Post a Comment