Monday, May 12, 2008

HULK #3 - Marvel


We still don't know who this Red Hulk is, but I think we've narrowed down our list of suspects. Last issue, he brought down one of SHIELD's heli-carriers, while Tony Stark / Iron Man was on board. So Tony's definitely not happy. But, since the Red Hulk was also on board, and there's only 3 unaccountable people after the crash, it makes sense that he's one of the 3. Those people are Clay Quartermain, Doc Samson, and General Ross. My money's on the General. But . . I could be wrong. I've been wrong before. Anyways, after the crash the Red Hulk has gone after Rick Jones. I'm not sure how he's picking out his targets, but Rick turns in to the new Abomination and the Red Hulk is in another fight, much like the one he had in Russia when he took out the original Abomination. But Rick's version is going to be a little harder to kill. He's got natural body-armor and, it appears, more strength. Anyways, all of this is happening at Gamma Base in Nevada. Which, it turns out, is also where they're keeping Bruce Banner . . deep underground. In their scuffle, Red Hulk is taking it as a personal challenge to crack A-bombs armor. He's pounding and pounding away. He doesn't realize that he's creating tremors, which end up freeing Bruce from his cell. On the final page we see the Hulk and the Red Hulk come face to face. I've been a huge fan of Jeph Loeb's writing for a while now. So far I really like the handle he has on this character. But, we really haven't seen much of the actual Hulk so far. It'll be interesting to see how he handles all of that next issue. And of course I'm also a fan of Ed McGuinness. The 2 of them together create a fantastic story. As you can see, I've been doing this for about 2 years and I haven't had any Hulk's in here before. But now . . with this series . . I may be getting back in to the big old guy. We'll see how long I stick around.

No comments:

Post a Comment