Sunday, May 04, 2008

Batman Strikes #44 - DC


I don't care if it's the World's Finest, or the pages of Superman / Batman, or the pages of one of Johnny DC's finest, the Batman Strikes . . having Superman and Batman team-up in the same book is always exciting. I enjoy team-ups as much as the next guy. I loved DC Comics Presents, and I loved the Brave and the Bold. But, World's Finest was always my favorite team-up book. I especially liked when they posed as each other, so whatever the bad-guy had planned, to bring them down, never went according to plan because they switched places. In theory, these 2 shouldn't work well together, but . . they always do. Basically, they're each other's Yin and Yang. My only complaint is the story telling style. In the first couple of pages of this book, the story is told in the style where the top of the page is about Superman and Metropolis, and the bottom is about Batman and Gotham. I'm not thrilled with that style. But . . that's just a personal preference. I understand why they did it, to show that although they were 2 separate stories, each was very much invested in the other. I just didn't dig it. But other than that, I thought it was a fun book. Again, I'm glad this Johnny DC vehicle is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment