Saturday, May 03, 2008

Wolverine Origins #24 - Marvel


This was another interesting chapter in this saga by Daniel Way. Who else could drag out this fight between Logan and Wade, for 4 or 5 issues, and still keep it interesting. The one question I have though is that most of this series has been about Logan finding out pieces of his past. In those pieces, he's figured out that he's been directly, or indirectly, involved in a lot of other peoples pasts also. But what about Wade? As we're going through this issue, and Logan and Wade are psycho-analyzing each other, we see little glimpses of Wade's past as a child. It seems his father was abusive . . or at least very neglectful. But, I don't see anything in it that has to do with Logan. I mean, other than the fact that Wade is obviously another subject of Weapon X, and his current state was probably related to some failed experiment to recreate Wolverine. But, in his past, past, I don't see any connection to Logan. Which confuses me, because that seems to be the recurring theme throughout this title. However, at the end of this issue, we find out, apparently, that it was Draken, Logan's son, that hired Wade to take him out. Wade has no idea who Draken is, or why he's so hellbent on taking out Logan. All he knows is . . he doesn't really like the guy. Especially after Draken cuts his hand off. Anyways, the explosive conclusion to this story will be next issue . . issue #25. I really like the way that Daniel handled the conversation between Logan and Wade throughout this issue. Obviously Logan is stalling for time by goading Wade, but, even though I thing Wade knows that, he can't resist the opportunity to goad back. I thought it was all very well played out, and the verbal assaults flowed very naturally. Also, again, I have to compliment Steve Dillon on his pencils. I've been a fan since way back in Hellblazer, but I think this is some of the best stuff he's ever done. Now . . I can't wait to see what happens next issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment